Scale your Startup in Europe
This Project aims to establish the Alps as an innovative hub on an international level. The project focuses on one of the most critical phases of the enterprise cycle: the scale up phase. The main goal of the SCALE(up)ALPS project is to foster the scaling up of Alpine Space (AS) startups and to brand the AS as a cooperative area for innovative businesses and job creation. The project is about improving funding opportunities, finding a talented and skilled workforce, developing leadership and facilitating access to international markets.
AGENDA – SCALE UP ALPS FINAL CONFERENCE
9.00-9.30 Coffee and registration
9.30-9.45 Welcome by Helmut Schönenberger, Co-founder and CEO of UnternehmerTUM
9.45-10.15 Keynote Phillip McCann, Urban Innovation Strategies
10.20 –11.15 ROUND TABLE(B1)
- How can we scale up the Alpine Space? Using innovative forms of acceleration to innovate a Macro region
11.15-11.30 coffee break
11.30-11.50 Horizontal and vertical scaling of high growth firms – an empirical analysis from scaleups in the -Alpine Space
11.50-13.00 ROUND TABLE (B2)
- Start up to Scale up— a change of perspective (policies vs practices). How can the public leverage scale up effect?
14.15-15.15 EU project Scale(up) Alps: a best practice for regional innovation development
15.15-16.00 Hands on scaling up business: SCALE UP ALPS pilots activitie
Do you want to participate in the Scale (up) Alps Final Conference?
The Scale (up) Alps is still running, this means the results are not yet final. So far we have established the needs of the scale-ups in comparison with startups and we are trying out a pilot acceleration scheme specially tailored to their needs.
The project span is from November 2016 until July 2019.
- connecting AS ecosystem policies & communities of practice;
- selecting policies that expand the quantity and the quality of AS serial entrepreneurs and fast-growing scalable ventures;
- producing a mid-level feasibility plan with high level recommendations on start-up ecosystems’ growth and reducing fragmentation and therefore increasing collaboration across disciplines & stakeholders;
- designing & testing innovative public-private support schemes, matching corporates and capital, attracting talent, opening up market access and improving innovation within the entrepreneurial life cycle.
You can find out more about the project here.
Coordinator International Cooperation
Executive Director International Affairs
+49 89-18 94 69-1412