TIE² International Lab – Advance Your Tech Project in China
China's top tech university
Exploration of Chinese market
Free of Charge
Two-person teams of students and/or early-stage founders
UnternehmerTUM and X-Lab in China each select up to 10 teams à 2 people for a collaboration in an intercultural and mixed setting. These are the criteria:
- You and your teammate are committed during both exchange periods (see DATES).
- You have a strong technical background
- Your team wants to experience the Chinese market and start-up culture
- Together with your teammate you hold >50% of the shares in your project or start-up
- Your team may have been incorporated and already received funding or grants (no precondition) or is at least in an early concept phase (proof-of-concept done, prototype ready, hypotheses tested)
What’s in it for you?
WORK IN AN INTERCULTURAL AND MIXED SETTING
You will connect with entrepreneurially minded students, scientists, founders and VCs from China and Germany who will help you to develop your skills on a personal, social and functional level.
You will learn to understand different customer needs in different markets. This will open you the doors to become internationally successful with your project in times of globalization and digitalization.
BUILD A STRONG INTERNATIONAL NETWORK
Due to the close collaboration with the Chinese teams and the one week stay in Beijing, you will lay the foundation for future German-Chinese partnerships and network relations.
Deliverables during the program
The following submissions will be mandatory for a successful participation:
- Revision of your summary
- Pitches in Beijing and Munich
- Revised 2-minute video
- Final presentation of progress
- Learnings, results, pivots
Dr. Dominik Böhler
Manager Tech Talents
+49 89-18 94 69-1455
During the international lab TIE² the team was able to conduct over 40 face-to-face interviews with potential customers, pitched their idea on multiple occasions and received valuable feedback from Chinese investors and serial entrepreneurs.
“TIE² truly was one of the accelerators for Shopeur! The exchange program enabled us to validate Shopeur and to build the foundation of our growing business network in China. We are still receiving valuable support from x-Lab even months after our trip to China!”